A First Date, huh? That’s exciting. But, it can also get a bit uncomfortable and intimidating, wouldn’t you agree?
The thing that I’ve always been scared of before going on a first date is, what to talk about on a first date? What sort of questions to ask on a first date? And what not to talk about on a first date.
What if I run out of things to say? What if I sound boring and ruin all of this?
I’m sure, many of us would have the same fear.
Here are what to talk about on a first date topics
But, hey, I got you. Below, I have mentioned some of the first date conversation topics you can use as a conversation starter.
Talk about your family
- Talking about the kind of families you’re from helps in knowing the kind of upbringing you two have had.
- The knowledge of which will help you two to understand each other better, but hey remember to only share the least and not everything.
Related: Best Questions To Ask On A First Date
Talk about your friends
- “A man is known by the company he keeps.” Yup, you wanna know what kind of a person your date is?
- Know about their friends on the first date with a guy or girl.
Discuss your hobbies
- Knowing about each other’s hobbies is important because that’s how you get to know your partner more.
- Whether it’s the first date of college or otherwise, a person’s hobbies can tell a lot about them, so pay attention.
Talk about your expectations
- Before getting further attached to a person, both of you should be clear about the kind of boy/girl you want.
- And, if one of you can’t offer as the other person expects, then you can be clear from the beginning without hurting each other later.
Related: Clear Signs You And Your Crush Are Compatible
Talk about what excites you
- We all have things we get excited about.
- Therefore, knowing what excites your partner can come in handy when you try to surprise them in the future.
Discuss your goals & ambitions
- This is one of the good things to talk about on a first date with someone you already know.
- Discussing one’s goals and ambitions shows how committed a person is.
- And, commitment is what matters the most if you plan to be in a long term relationship with the person.
Related: Flirty Conversation Starters To Break The Ice
Talk about your favorite food
- Food is the most common factor when you go on dates, and talking about it can put you up for a second date.
- It can also help you when you try to surprise your partner by taking them to their favorite restaurants on special occasions.
Learn about the kind of ideology they follow
- Ideology matters, because it tells the kind of things your date believes in, and the kind of people they respect.
- A wrong ideology is on of the biggest red flags in a relationship.
Talk about your daily routine
- This will let you know everything your partner does in a day, and when is s/he free for a chat.
- Might seem unimportant but it matters to know how your partner spends his/her day after meeting online.
Related: Good Conversation Starters For Teenager
What makes them laugh
- When you ask a person what makes them happy and laugh, it shows them that you care and it increases their interest in you.
- You can also remember this to cheer them up when they’re going through a tough time.
- A good way to have engaging conversation with someone you met online on tinder or in person before.
I’ve mentioned some of the best first-date conversation topics for you. I hope this was of some help, and you have an amazing first date.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do you talk about on a date with a guy?
Ans. Talk to them about your family, friends, hobbies, goals, etc. And ask them about their interests.
- What should you not talk about on a first date?
Ans. Do not talk about exes, finances, religion, s*x, etc, these things are a person’s private matter and should only be revealed when you make a deeper connection.
Good Conversation Starters With A Girl
Conversation Starters With Your Crush
Deep Conversation Starters
Flirty Truth Or Dare Questions Over Text
Signs Your Male Friend Has Feelings For You
Am I In Love Or Obsessed Signs
How To Flirt Over Text