If you are wondering how to start a conversation with a crush guy or girl or a stranger online or over text? then, I might have something for you.
Being a conversation starter is not everyone’s cup of tea.
Best ways how to start a conversation with a guy/girl
Below, I have mentioned some of the best Icebreakers to start a conversation online or over text.
Also, these topics to talk about with a guy or a girl can help you keep a convo going. All the best!
Pass a compliment
- Paying someone a compliment can boost their mood and interest in talking to you.
- And, once the conversation starts, you can continue with follow up questions.
- This is the best for start a flirty conversation to break the ice IMO.
Ask a doubt
- Requesting help is another sweet way to start a conversation with a guy/girl, it makes the person feel important.
- And it shows that they’re helpful, which encourages them to chitchat.
Talk about a common interest
- If you want to talk to someone you already know, then talk about something that you both are interested in.
- Talking about their interests can give them a good impression of you, and interest them to talk to you more.
Ask for suggestions
- Seeking other people’s suggestions shows that you value them and respect their opinion.
- And people love being valued and respected and would love to come back with a sweet conversation.
Offer to help
- If you’re in a position to help someone you want to talk to, then grab the moment with both hands.
- People love generous people, especially those who are genuinely concerned.
Ask how they are doing
- Asking how a person is doing is one of the most genuine ways to initiate a conversation on tinder or similar apps.
- It shows them that the person cares.
- And people like to be cared for, and develop faith in those who show genuine care.
Share something interesting
- This is another fun way to start a conversation, you can share an interesting fact or news to get started.
- But, remember to keep following up, after the conversation starts.
Talk about a mutual friend
- If you both know each other and share mutual friends, then you can talk about them.
- Ask how your mutual friends are or what are they up to, to start a conversation.
Ask about their hobbies
- Show genuine interest, and ask them what they love to do during their leisure.
- Bonding over hobbies is very sweet, it brings up many questions to continue the conversation for a long.
Share a meme
- Everyone loves to laugh, and memes are the best medium to achieve that goal.
- But keep in mind to only share decent memes.
Give movie/book/song suggestions
- To start a good conversation with a girl/boy or a stranger, give them some interesting suggestions from movies, books, songs, etc.
- But, make sure to keep the list short and interesting, so that they come back for more.
Ask for movie/book/song suggestions
- Not only give suggestions, but you should ask them as well.
- Being asked for suggestions shows that they have good taste.
- And it’ll flatter them enough to keep suggesting you in the future as well.
Ask for their favor
- Asking for favors is another effective conversation starter, it makes the other person feel important and valuable.
- It’ll help them build faith in you, and they might come back to follow up with you regarding the same.
Ask for their birthday
- Show them that you’re curious, and you want to know about them, especially women like their birthdays remembered.
- If you can do that, that will make them feel very special and a good way for small talk.
Bring up a shared experience
- If you want to talk to someone you already share experiences with, then you can always find something to talk about.
- Just make sure to not bring up anything which is embarrassing for them or you.
Ask about their pet peeve
- Show your interest, and let them know you’re curious about them.
- Knowing about their pet peeve can make you avoid doing that as well.
Talk about their strengths
- Talk about their strengths, and things that empower them and make them confident.
- You can try and encourage them further to do well in life, that will show that you’re a well-wisher.
These are some of the best ways to start a conversation over texting or in real life with a stranger or a guy/girl.
I hope it is of some help to you and gives you enough courage to go ahead and start the conversation. Good luck!
Frequently Asked Questions.
- What is a good way to start a conversation?
Passing compliments, asking for a favor, asking how the person is doing, and offering help are some of the good ways to start a genuine conversation.
- How do you start a conversation with your crush?
Ask them for their life update, their interests and hobbies, and ask for their birthday and ambitions in life.