If you are wondering how to make a long distance relationship work then this article is just for you.
A lot of people give up on relationships to avoid getting into long distance relationships.
In the era of digital media, starting a long distance relationship is not a big deal anymore.
The only thing missing, in a long distance relationship is physical intimacy and physical romance.
But, it’s not all gone.
You can still be romantic over phone/video call with the long distance relationship advice given below.
- Communication is the key for any relationship.
- Especially in a long distance relationship where it’s hard to tell what’s going on in someone’s life.
- And the lack of communication is what kills a long-distance relationship.
- Therefore, communicate and express your true feelings through deep, flirty, or dirty questions.
Send Handwritten Letters.
- Sending a handwritten letter to your partner keeps the romance alive in a long-distance relationship.
- It has a more personal touch, similar to when you’re talking face-to-face.
Be romantic over the phone
- Get sensual or naughty on the phone, talk dirty, and don’t let the romance die.
- There are so many features available on the internet, explore, get creative and enjoy. 😉
Keep each other updated
- Keep each other updated with everyday events of your life. Just because you’re away, doesn’t mean you should miss out on things.
- Keeping each other updateddoesn’t feel like you’re in a distant place
Call each other everyday
- This is the most obvious thing for a successful long distance relationship
- Call every day, without fail, don’t take your partner for granted, if for some reason you can’t, drop them a sweet text for apology.
Give cute names to call each other
- This is one of the sweet things to do in a relationship.
- Calling each other sweet names strengthens the relationship, and makes you feel more loved.
Related: Am I In Love Or Obsessed Signs
Video call each other
- Video calling is the biggest gift that this generation has.
- It not only lets you see their face but you can also see what they are doing at the moment.
- It gives a stronger sense of connection, makes you a part of each other’s daily life.
Go on virtual dates
- Go on virtual dates, put an extra effort to dress up.
- You can go to any restaurant while on a video call.
- Or, stay at home for a candlelight dinner, a truth or dare or smilar games.
Gift something intimate to remember you with
- Gifting something personal to your partner would mean so much to him/her.
- It’d have a personal touch and odor of you
Getting emotionally attached to someone doesn’t happen easily, and it doesn’t go away easily either.
Here are some tips to keep your emotions intact in a long-distance relationship.
Be there for him/her
- Because your partner is away, you don’t always know what they are going through, so always be there for them.
- Make sure you stay with them through their thick and thin, give them time and attention.
Remind them frequently that you love them
- Reassuring your partner that you live with them makes your bond stronger.
- It makes them feel loved and valued which further nourishes your relationship.
Get on conference calls with mutual friends
- We all have mutual friends with our partners, and long-distance relationships shouldn’t let them get FOMO.
- This makes you two feel more involved in each other’s life.
- This goes without saying, be it long distance or not, loyalty is vital in a relationship to work long term.
- And, it’s hard to catch if one of you is cheating, so be loyal otherwise you’ll end up in a toxic relationship.
Keep track of each other’s schedules
- Stay updated about each other’s schedules so that you don’t get in the way of something important or professional.
Do things together
- You both can get on a video call while doing chores at home, and not feel missing out on your partner’s life.
- This is a great way of virtual intimacy that strengthens your bond.
Flirt with each other
- It’s a gentle reminder that you still view them in a romantic light, and you still are crazy about them like you were.
Trust your significant other
- Keeping trust in your partner is as important, don’t be insecure or doubt them unnecessarily.
- Trust is the foundation of any relationship, and you should have it to further a healthy dating life.
Surprise each other
- A long distance relationship can lose its spark if not watered regularly.
- Therefore, give each other surprises to keep that spark burning.
- Plan surprises, visit them every now and then, order something, send something intimate, to begin with.
Give them space
- They might sometimes need to be alone and have some me-time. Give them that.
- You can plan a weekend vacation, explore a different city together, and can spend some quality time with your partner.
- These mini vacations can work as bonding sessions for you two.
Make a relationship bucket list
- Note down all the things that you expect from this relationship, and send it to your boyfriend/girlfriend.
- This list will make you aware of the things you’re expecting and are expected to do for this relationship to sustain.
Related: What To Talk About On A First Date?
Set some boundaries
- Set some clear and healthy boundaries to keep your relationship and mental health sound.
- The two of you can make a list together and make sure to respect that about eachother.
Look for the brighter side
- As they say ” If you cannot change the situation, then change your attitude towards it.” Take this journey like an adventure.
- You’ll have more personal time to work on your hobbies and professional life and that is definitely something to be thankful for.
Visit each other if you can
- I know there might be professional and emotional issues getting your way, but do plan a surprise visit if/when you can.
Related: How To Start A Conversation
Solve problems before going to sleep
- Sigma rule 101- always solve a feud before hitting the bed, so that you wake up with nothing but gratitude for each other.
Keep an end date in mind
- While long-distance has its ups and downs, eventually you would want to be in the same place as your partner.
- Always have that goal in mind and do a countdown to get to it excitedly.
Tips on Maintaining Long Distance Relationships (video) 2022
Long-distance relationships can be hard but it’s not if you do it right.
And I have provided you with tips on how to make a long distance relationship work.
I hope you found it useful.
Frequently Asked Questions.
- How To Make A Long Distance Relationship Work in College?
Ans. Be honest, set some ground rules, plan visits, surprise each other, communicate, etc to make it work.
- How to make a long distance relationship work in different countries?
Ans. Keep a track of their timings and schedules, go on Virtual dates, plan surprises, etc to keep the momentum going.