Types: Tourist visa to India on Egypt passport
Egypt passport holders(nationals) are not included in 166 countries which are allowed online E-Visa service for a visa to India(tourist as well). Therefore, India visa for Egyptian passport holders are required to apply a regular/paper visa for visiting India.
Therefore, in this article, we’ll only discuss getting a regular/paper visa for India travel for Egypt tourists.
Countries Eligible for India E-Visa
# Important note:- If your parents or grandparents were born in or lived in Pakistan, you will be ineligible to get an e-Visa even if you’re a citizen of the above countries. You will have to apply for a normal(regular) visa for India.
Regular/paper visa for Egypt tourist to India
Firstly, all foreign nationals require visas to travel to India. Visa on Egypt passport holders is issued in 2 working days. However, for nonresident foreigners in Egypt, processing time may take a minimum of 4 working days to process the visa application.
Also, make sure that you have a valid passport with 6 or more than 6 months of validity and a minimum of 2 blank pages available for the visa stamps when applying for an Indian tourist visa. Otherwise, visa services will not be provided.
All Egyptian nationals wishing to take a visa to India on Egypt passport must log into https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/, Indian government website to fill up the online application form. Also, the printout of the application form and 2 photographs need to be brought to the consular section at 3 Abu El Feda Street, Zamalek, Cairo for further processing.
Regular/Paper visa fees for Egypt tourist
|S.No.||Type of Visa||Revised Visa Fee in EGP (LE)|
|7||Employment visa||1 year- 3455.00 |
6 months- 2095.00
Nationals of other countries may contact the Embassy of India in Cairo for visa fees and other details.
For queries related to Indian visas please contact:
Email: [email protected],
Telephone: 02 2737-1993
Address: 3 Abu El Feda St., Zamalek, Cairo.
Working Hours: 0900 – 1730 hrs. (Sunday – Thursday, except closed Holidays)
Documents and other requirements for visa to India on Egypt passport
Egypt tourist needs to apply regular/normal visa to travel to India, issued to applicants traveling for tourism. The applicant needs to submit these following travel document
- Two colored photos,
- Copy of air ticket/reservation,
- Copy of bank statement,
- A letter from the place of work, and
- Online application.
# Carry Photocopy of each document, at least 4-6 each.
A tourist visa cannot be extended in India. Also, you have to visit the Indian embassy in Cairo, Egypt for further travel visa application processes.
Instructions to get a visa easily as on official Indian website
1. Online application form
- This visa application form is meant for those foreigners who are applying for a visa from outside India
- A separate application has to be filed for each applicant. This means each online application form is for one person only.
- Provide information correctly in the way asked in the forms, mainly the names, address, and date of birth.
- You need to verify the application details before submitting the online application. You’ll have an option to save the online application form, in case you don’t want to submit due to any mistake or something else.
- Any change or modification after submitting your online application is not allowed. Therefore, verify your application closely and validate before submitting the online application form.
- After submitting your application online, keep your Application ID (generated automatically after the submission of online form) for further communications.
Photo Requirements for Indian visa for Egyptian passport holders
An applicant needs to upload a digital photograph of self to complete the regular visa application online Indian Visa Application website. The digital photograph should meet the following requirements, you’ll upload along with the Visa application :
- The format should be JPEG
- Minimum 10 KB
- Maximum 300 KB
- The height and width of the Photo must be equal, square shape.
- A photo should present a Full face, front view, eyes open.
- Center head within frame and present full head from the top of hair to bottom of the chin.
- The background should be a white background or plain light-colored.
- No shadows on the face or on the background.
- Without borders.
- Make sure that the photo presents full head from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin. Head should measure 1 inch to 1-3/8 inches (25mm to 35mm). Make sure eye height is between 1-1/8 inches to 1-3.
2. Appointment Scheduling for Egyptian passport holders
- The applicant can schedule the appointment as per his/ her convenience with the concerned Indian Mission.
- Each applicant to schedule a separate appointment with the Indian Mission
3. Process for filling up an online application form
First, you need to visit the Indian Govt. visa application website. There down below you’ll see a first section ‘For Regular/Paper visa by Indian Mission/Post,
Apply here’, click on it as mentioned in the above picture. Then, a new window will open like down below. Click on the regular/Paper visa application section showed in the above image. Although, you can directly open the Online Visa Application form.
Follow the process as mentioned below to get visa to India on Egypt passport
- Applicant visits the above mentioned web link and selects the Indian Mission from where he/she intends to apply for the Visa from the tab Select Mission.
- Applicant fills the application on-line as per the forms standardized by the Ministry.
- After filling the form and submitting it, the system shall automatically generate an Application ID. Applicants are requested to keep this Application ID for further communications with the concerned Indian Mission.
- The system will automatically ask the Applicant for the following confirmation: Select ‘Yes’ if the applicant wants to seek an appointment and make payment online or ‘No’ if the applicant just wants to print the submitted application form.
- If the applicant’s response is ‘No’, then it is requested by the applicant to take the print out of the submitted online application form and approach the concerned Indian Mission for submission of the online form along with supporting documents.
- If the response from applicant is ‘Yes’ then the system automatically takes the link to perform the following:
- Selection of Date and Time of appointment at the concerned Indian Mission
- Calculation of Visa fee, service charge, VAT, etc. as applicable according to the Visa type
- Electronic Payment* using service provider payment system
- In case the facility of Appointment Scheduling and e-Payment is not available for the concerned Indian mission, then the applicant has to take the printout of the online application form and visit the concerned Indian Mission to submit the same along with supporting documents and make the payment.
*The electronic-payment facility is not available at all the Indian Missions abroad. Therefore, if the facility is not available, you can submit the application submission fees to the Mission directly along with the supporting documents.
Scams you should avoid while applying visa to India on Egypt passport
When applying for your e-Visa, there are many money-making websites that have been created to look similar to the government of India’s official website. Furthermore, they all claim to provide online visa services to tourists. Surprisingly, the Indian visa is easily available for foreigners online(e-visa and regular visa). Two of such money-making websites are below
Therefore, visit https://indianvisaonline.gov.in to avoid paying an additional visa service fee. Also, the Indian website is in English which is easy to understand.
Important Weblinks for Regular Visa application
- Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. Of India.
- Minister of External Affairs, Govt Of India
- Bureau of Immigration (BoI), MHA, Govt Of India
I hope you have found this post on visa to India on Egypt passport helpful. Do comment down below your thoughts.
How To Get Cheap Flight Deals?