Torrance California is a coastal city of 1.5 miles (2.4km of beaches on the Pacific Ocean) located in the southwestern region of Los Angeles urban division, United States. Mostly, Torrance California weather is warm, regular sea breezes, low humidity. A traveler’s paradise as it’s a calm place, warm weather, and free from city noise.
What is Torrance California like?
- Torrance is between the high and middle-class communities.
- Torrance is an old beach town in Los Angeles county in SoCal ( Southern California)
- It has a number of beaches or closes by beaches such as Hermosa, Redondo, Torrance, Palos Verdes, Manhattan, Venice, Santa Monica to name a few.
- If are you interested in landscape photography, then, there are a number of hidden gems to capture.
- Many options for small hikes of 1 or 2 hours and biking options. Also, places like Malibu or Santa Monica offers a full-day hike.
- Some hidden gems in the area are Abalone cove, Terranea cove, white point beach, Founder’s Park, Wayfarers Chapel, Malaga Cove, Bluff cove, flat rock, etc
- There are a lot of Asian food options.
- The world-famous tourist spots such as the Walk of Fame, Hollywood Sign, Dolby Theatre, Chinese Theatre, Santa Monica beach, etc.
Nearest Airport Torrance California
There are basically two airports near Torrance California, Los Angeles, USA
Los Angeles International airport (north) is around 11.2 miles(18 km) away which is only 15 min drive from Torrance. Mostly, LAX is used by international travelers. Long Beach Airport (southeast) is 15 miles (24 km) away which takes 18-20 min to reach there, use by domestic passengers for traveling.
Best Torrance California Hostel
Surf City hostel is next to Hermosa Beach, it’s a mixed dormitory accommodation with free WiFi, free breakfast at the hostel between 08:00 and 11:00 and Los Angeles is 16 miles away. Also, you get a locker, clothes rack and free linens, towels, and luggage storage are also available but the bathroom is shared with a shared kitchen. You can hire surfboards or bicycles at the property.
- The nearest beach to Surf City Hostel:- Long beach—14 miles
- Nearest attraction to Surf City Hostel:- Anaheim(home to the Disneyland Resort)— 28 mi away.
- The nearest airport to Surf City Hostel:- Los Angeles International Airport—-5.6 miles.
This hostel includes an airport shuttle service and a continental breakfast with freshly baked blueberry muffins and coffee. There is also an outdoor pool and complimentary champagne daily.
- The nearest beach to Surf City Hostel:- Dockweiler Beach—6.6 miles
- Nearest attraction to Surf City Hostel:- Hollywood Park Casino— 1.5 mi away.
- The nearest airport to Surf City Hostel:- Los Angeles International Airport—-2.5 miles.
Best Hotels in Torrance California
Just 8 minutes’ walk to Del Amo Fashion Center Mall from this Torrance, California hotel. A business center is also available at the hotel. Meeting facilities and newspapers are offered as well. Redondo Beach Pier is 2.8 mi from Avita Suites Best Western. Victoria Golf Course is 5 mi away from Best Western PLUS Avita Suites.
- The nearest beach to Western PLUS Avita Suites Hotel:- Queen Mary, Long Beach 11 miles
- Nearest attraction to Western PLUS Avita Suites Hotel:- Battleship Iowa Museum—1.5 miles
- The nearest airport to Western PLUS Avita Suites Hotel:- Los Angeles International Airport 7 miles, Long Beach Airport 11 miles, Hollywood Burbank Airport 27 miles.
This Torrance, California hotel is a 5-minute drive to Del Amo Fashion Mall and a 40-minute drive to Disneyland. Surrounded by gardens, the outdoor pool at Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach offers guests a place to relax. Los Angeles International Airport is a 20-minute drive away. California State University Dominguez is also a 20-minute drive from Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach.
- The nearest beach to Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach Hotel:- Queen Mary, Long Beach —11 miles
- Nearest attraction to Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach Hotel:- Battleship Iowa Museum—7 miles
- The nearest airport to Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach Hotel:- Los Angeles International Airport 7 miles, Long Beach Airport 11 miles, Hollywood Burbank Airport 27 miles.
This Torrance hotel is a 15 minutes’ drive to Manhattan Beach and Redondo Beach Pier. It offers an outdoor pool and sundeck, café and lounge. Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance-South Bay is a 10-minute drive to Los Angeles International Airport. The Long Beach Convention Center is 20 minutes away.
- Nearest beach to Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay Hotel:- Queen Mary, Long Beach—10.5 miles
- Nearest attraction to Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay Hotel:- LA Memorial Coliseum —11 miles, Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County—11.2 miles, California Science Center 11.1 miles
- The nearest airport to Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay Hotel:- Los Angeles International Airport 7 miles, Long Beach Airport 10 mile, Hollywood Burbank Airport 25 miles.
18 Best Things to do in Torrance California
- Toyota USA Automobile Museum
- Western Museum of Flight
- Torrance Promenade
- Chen Art Gallery
- Los Arboles Rocketship Park
- Alta Loma Park
- Madrona Marsh Preserve
- Torrance Farmers Market
- Torrance Breweries
- Miramar Park
- Torrance Park
- Torrance Antique Street Faire
- Del Amo Fashion Center
- California Museum of Fine Art
- Torrance Historical Society
- Mitsuwa Marketplace
- The Jolly Oyster Market
- Torrance Bakery
There is a lot more to in Torrance but these are best and easily doable in the United States.
Torrance California time zone
Time zone in Torrance, CA, USA (GMT-8)