Four Ways To Reach From Delhi To Gulmarg, Kashmir
- Delhi To Gulmarg By Flight
- Delhi To Gulmarg By Train
- Delhi To Gulmarg By Personal/Rented Vehicle
- Delhi To Gulmarg By Taxi
The cheapest way to reach Gulmarg from Delhi is by train however, there is no direct train to Gulmarg from Delhi.
The last train station is Udhampur(not many options available ), take a taxi or bus to reach Gulmarg.
Nevertheless, I’ll break it down for you, how, when, and where you should go to get the fastest and cheapest transportation to reach Gulmarg, Kashmir as I did.
How to reach Delhi to Gulmarg by Train
If you are looking for the cheapest route to reach Gulmarg, just follow the below steps as mentioned.
But before that: avoid these mistakes, tourists do while traveling for Gulmarg.
- Avoid any help from strangers (it could be a scam).
- Ask Jammu and Kashmir Police Man, if you need any help (they were very helpful in my trip).
- Avoid taking a private taxi (risky & expensive).
- Don’t book anything from brokers (they’ll charge you 5-10 times from the actual price).
Travel smartly, Kashmir is a very popular tourist destination in India.
More than half a million tourists travel every year (national & international), scams are very common in Kashmir.
There is no point paying 5-10 times more when you can get them directly.
Note: I met a married couple while coming back from Banihal to Jammu on a local bus, they told me that they paid Rs 12000 for one way from Jammu to Gulmarg. They were shocked when I told them about my one-way cost was less than Rs 1000.
Delhi to Gulmarg by Train and Bus together
Delhi to Jammu, many trains are available daily and from Jammu, you can get many options to reach Gulmarg but the direct train is not available from Jammu to Gulmarg.
- Delhi to Jammu by train: Delhi to Jammu Tawi train takes up to 13 hours and it’ll cost you Rs 400 to Rs 2500(SL cost the cheap and AC1 cost the most, around Rs 2500).
- Jammu to Srinagar: There are basically 2 ways to reach from Jammu to Srinagar:
Jammu to Srinagar by Train plus Bus (cheapest): first take a bus to Banihal from the Jammu bus stand, which cost you Rs 250(low season), and the distance from Jammu to Banihal is 160km.
Then, take a passenger train from Banihal to Srinagar which takes around 1 hr 30 min and cost you only Rs 20/person.
The total cost from Jammu to Srinagar will be Rs 275 and Jammu to Srinagar will take around 5-7 hrs (excluding traffic due to landslide which is very common).
Jammu to Srinagar by bus: Direct buses from Jammu to Srinagar are available but the frequency is low, taking at least 8-10 hrs.
Jammu to Srinagar by bus costs around a minimum of Rs 500.
- Srinagar to Gulmarg by local transport (shared cars, minibusses): Srinagar to Gulmarg is 50 km but no direct transport available from Srinagar to Gulmarg. Take a Sumo(shared taxi) or Minibus from the Batmaloo bus stand to Tangmarg and from the Tangmarg bus stand to Gulmarg.
Batmaloo to Tangmarg will cost you Rs 90 (high season may cost more) and Tangmarg bus stand to Gulmarg will cost you Rs 50 only.
The total cost from Srinagar to Gulmarg is Rs 140 and takes around 2hrs to reach Gulmarg from Srinagar.
#NOTE:- Avoid private taxi/brokers, they are the biggest scammers in this area. Go directly to the govt. officials like Police officers or Bus drivers, to know the situation if there is any situation like landslide or similar. Private taxi charges 4-5 times higher than the actual price and lies about the situation(like there is no transport available except them).
Total cost for reaching from Delhi to Gulmarg
- Delhi to Gulmarg cheapest and fastest travel cost: Rs 900 when you take Banihal to Srinagar train. Delhi to Jammu by train and Jammu to Srinagar by bus & train together.
- Delhi to Gulmarg normal travel cost and time: Rs 1200(higher in high season change). Delhi to Jammu by train and Jammu to Srinagar by bus.
Delhi to Gulmarg Srinagar (Kashmir) in 2022
Related: Coming Soon
Best Way To Travel Pahalgam to Gulmarg:
Best Places To Visit In Gulmarg
How To Travel From Katra To Gulmarg
Best Way To Travel From Gulmarg to Sonmarg
Frequently Asked Questions
Delhi to Srinagar by train?
No, there is no direct train available from Delhi to Srinagar, instead, you can take a train from Delhi to Jammu train station and then from Jammu bus stand, take a direct bus to Srinagar or take a bus to Banihal and from there take a passenger train to Srinagar.
Srinagar to Gulmarg distance?
Distance between Srinagar and Gulmarg is 52 km and Gulmarg to Srinagar takes 2-3 hrs and cost you Rs 140(higher in high season).
Jammu to Gulmarg taxi fare?
Actually, there are two ways of getting a taxi, cheaper(sharing) and costly(personal).
1. Jammu to Gulmarg by shared taxis fare Rs 500-1500(off season is cheap and high season is expensive).
2. Jammu to Gulmarg by private taxi fare Rs 10-25000, depends on the season and if you book through the broker then a taxi will cost you even more.
How to get Delhi to Srinagar by bus?
Delhi to Srinagar by bus, only 2-3 buses available, takes more than 26 hrs and they travel when tickets are at least 80% sold. However, I would recommend you travel to Jammu from Delhi by train and from Jammu to Srinagar by bus, which takes around 20 hrs of total travel time and costs you Rs 900 only.
For Delhi to Srinagar by bus time table click here
Jammu to Gulmarg distance?
The distance between Jammu and Gulmarg is 210 km.
Srinagar to Gulmarg taxi fare?
Gulmarg to Srinagar taxis(shared) cost Rs 140
Srinagar-Tangmarg: Rs 90
Tangmarg-Gulmarg: Rs 50
Gulmarg to Srinagar distance is 50km
Taxi fare from Gulmarg to Srinagar changes according to the high season and low season.
Katra to Gulmarg distance?
Katra to Gulmarg distance is 289 km.
What is the best time to visit Gulmarg?
Low Season for Gulmarg: October-February
High Season for Gulmarg: March to September