Toxic relationships are very unhealthy, it can cause prolonged mental illness, kill our self-esteem and ruin our professional and personal lives, if not acknowledged and treated.
So, it is important that we notice the early signs andsymptoms of toxic relationships and save ourselves from them.
There is a very fine line between a healthy and a toxic relationship, which is easily crossed but difficult to identify.
So, how do we know the signs of a toxic relationship? Here are some of the best relationship advice for a girlfriend and boyfriend to find out.
In this relationship advice, we will tell you the signs and symptoms of a bad relationship and ways to get out of it.
Doubting all the time
- A healthy relationship is when your partner has the utmost faith in you. And when they can rely on you with their lives.
- But, if that faith is no longer there, and they are doubting and accusing you every now and then for cheating or lying, then it’s toxic girlfriend/boyfriend/partner signs.
- It’s early signs of a toxic relationship and your connection is in trouble.
- If they yell and shout at you for every little thing, without listening to you or giving you a chance to talk.
- Calling you names, throwing abuses and other hurtful phrases are some of the common things toxic partners say.
Trying to control you
- A relationship is only considered healthy when it is equal for both husband and wife or for the girlfriend and boyfriend.
- If they try to control you, take away your authority over things, it becomes toxic.
- Them telling you what you should and should not do, or trying to take control of your money, etc are some of the examples.
Lying & hiding things
- When they lie to you about little things, tell you they are going someplace but end up somewhere else.
- When they hide things from you, like their plans for the day, their phone, etc., clear signs of a toxic relationship with boyfriend, girlfriend, or partner (husband/wife).
Lack of mutuality
- If your relationship is only about you making them happy when there is no such mutual effort from their side. You should know that they don’t care about your needs.
- If you are always the conversation starters, say sorry first even when it is their fault.
- Their lack of contribution to the household and the relationship especially in marriage.
You feel empty
- When you keep giving them all you got that you feel drained and exhausted.
- Giving your all without receiving anything in return is another sign of a toxic relationship.
You end up defending them
- When you find yourself making lame excuses for their toxic behavior.
- You save their back every time they are rude to you in front of others
Changing their password
- They change their phone and laptop passwords to hide things from you.
Physical or emotional abuses
- If you find them raising a hand on you is not at all good for long-term relationships.
- Emotionally blackmailing you to get things done is one of the subtle signs of a toxic relationship.
- If they are becoming impatient with you. Not giving you enough attention.
- Not doing any long conversations, getting tired of you easily, or they find you annoying with little things etc.
- If they do not think twice before taking a decision is one of the warning signs of a toxic relationship.
- And if they do not consult you while taking the decision, you know that they don’t understand your worth.
- If they keep giving you the silent treatment, maybe they are not ready to communicate the problems.
- And whenever you try to bring up conversations, they either leave or throw tantrums.
- Therefore avoid this to be a better girlfriend or good boyfriend.
- Throwing things at you or around the home is also a form of abusiveness and hence toxic.
- When their anger gets the best of them and they start throwing things around.
- If instead of supporting and encouraging you during your tough times, they criticize you.
- For every minor issue, they end up belittling you.
If they get competitive with you
- If instead of getting happy and celebrating your success, they get jealous and start comparing you with others. Then you should know that is a sign of a toxic relationship.
Hope these 11 pieces of relationship advice on signs of a toxic relationship help you identify your toxic relationship and you end up getting out of it.
No one deserves to be in a toxic relationship, just because they are in love.
I hope you find a love that is healthy and full of god’s blessings!!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can a toxic relationship be cured?
Yes, it can be if your partner is willing to improve and get better. They can seek professional help and get better.
- How to get out of a toxic relationship?
To get out of a toxic relationship, you first need to recognize the fact that you are in a toxic relationship.
And then talk to your friends and family and be brave enough to get out of it.
- How to heal from a toxic relationship?
For the healing to begin, first you need to acknowledge the fact that you are in a toxic relationship.
Once you are out of it, you need to talk to your family and friends and finally get some professional help to heal completely.
- Are Toxic Relationships exciting?
No, they are not. They are very very dangerous. They can ruin your mental health and kill your self-esteem.
Is Flirting Considered Cheating?
Clear Signs You And Your Crush Are Compatible
Clear Signs Your Male Friend Has Feelings For You
Why Don’t I Have A Boyfriend?
Reasons Why Can’t I Get A Girlfriend & Solution
Physical Signs Your Partner Is Cheating In A Relationship