These birthday quotes & birthday wishes you can share with your family and friends to send greetings and celebrate the special day they were born. Here, you’ll find numerous words to make your loved ones smile from these birthday quotes of famous people to wish them a Happy Birthday!
Moreover, finding the ideal birthday message to wish someone a happy birthday can be difficult, to make birthday greetings a little easier, we compiled over 150 different quotes for you to choose from.
Have a look at some unique birthday wishes messages to wish someone a happy birthday, that you can even use to greet happy birthday through SMS.
Famous Happy Birthday Quotes & Greetings
Here is the list of best happy birthday quotes to send a famous birthday greeting to wish a happy birthday to you to your brother, sister, or even friends as well.
- Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears. — John Lennon
- As you get older, three things happen: The first is your memory goes, and I can’t remember the other two. — Norman Wisdom
- My life is better with every year of living it. — Rachel Maddow
- Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you’ve got to start young. — Fred Astaire
- The older you get the better you get, unless you are a banana. – Betty White
- A birthday is like a new year and my wish for you, is a great year full of happiness and sunshine! – Catherine Pulsifer
- Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat more cake. – Edward Morykwas
- Today is the oldest you have been, and the youngest you will ever be. Make the most of it! – Nicky Gumbel
- We turn not older with years, but newer every day. – Emily Dickinson
- You know you’re getting old when the candles cost more than the cake. — Bob Hope
- To me, old age is always 15 years older than I am. — Bernard Baruch
- You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred.” Woody Allen
- There are two great days in a person’s life—the day we are born and the day we discover why. — William Barclay
- Wisdom doesn’t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. – Tom Wilson
- Because time itself is like a spiral, something special happens on your birthday each year: The same energy that God invested in you at birth is present once again. — Menachem Mendel Schneerson
- A birth-date is a reminder to celebrate the life as well as to update the life. — Amit Kalantri
- Your age isn’t you. Use today to feel your best, celebrate and be your very happiest. — M. Rivers
- A birthday is not a day to fear. It is a day to celebrate and look forward to the coming year. —Byron Pulsifer
- The old believe everything; the middle-aged suspect everything; the young know everything. — Oscar Wilde
- Everything I know I learned after I was 30. — Georges Clemenceau
- Birthdays are a great time to stop and appreciate gravity. Sure, it makes things sag as you get older, but it also keeps your cake from flying all over the room, so you don’t have to chase it. – Greg Tamblyn
- To keep the heart unwrinkled, to be hopeful, kindly, cheerful, reverent – that is to triumph over old age. — Thomas Bailey Aldrich
- The way I see it, you should live everyday like its your birthday. — Paris Hilton
- Old age is like a plane flying through a storm. Once you are aboard, there is nothing you can do about it. — Golda Meir
- Please don’t retouch my wrinkles. It took me so long to earn them. — Anna Magnani
Inspirational Birthday Wishes For Instagram
These are the most inspirational happy birthday quotes for Instagram captions to wish friends, acquaintance, and colleagues as well. As you know, finding perfect birthday quotes that ideal for them can be difficult.
These are the most inspirational happy birthday quotes for Instagram captions to wish friends, acquaintance, and colleagues as well. As you know, finding perfect birthday quotes that ideal for them can be difficult.
Therefore, this list of quotes on birthday will definitely help you wish and write amazing happy birthday greeting cards for friends, family, and colleagues as well.
- Life really does begin at forty. Up until then, you are just doing research. — Carl Gustav Jung
- If we could be twice young and twice old we could correct all our mistakes. – Euripides
- Each new year of life added to your past, changing the way you viewed every new day, influencing how you reacted to everything from the simplest daily routines to complex events touching you, your family, and the world you lived in. — Paul Snyder
- Why is a birthday cake the only food you can blow on and spit on and everybody rushes to get a piece? – Bobby Kelton
- From birth to age eighteen, a girl needs good parents. From eighteen to thirty-five, she needs good looks. From thirty-five to fifty-five, she needs a good personality. From fifty-five on, she needs good cash. – Sophie Tucker
- Put candles in a cake, it’s a birthday cake. Put candles in a pie, and somebody’s drunk in the kitchen. – Jim Gaffigan
- The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age. — Lucille Ball
- I still think of myself as I was 25 years ago. Then I look in a mirror and see an old bastard and I realize it’s me. – Dave Allen
- Just remember, once you’re over the hill you begin to pick up speed. — Charles Schulz
- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? — Satchel Paige
- One of the shocks of a 50th birthday is realizing the fundamental fact that your youth is irrevocably over. — Marianne Williamson
- Life is a moderately good play with a badly written third act. – Truman Capote
- Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana. – Groucho Marx
- Cherish all your happy moments; they make a fine cushion for old age. — Booth Tarkington
- Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it don’t matter. — Satchel Paige
- Whatever with the past has gone, the best is always yet to come. — Lucy Larcom
- Every age can be enchanting, provided you live within it. — Brigitte Bardot
- There is still no cure for the common birthday. — John Glenn
- To my surprise, my 70s are nicer than my 60s and my 60s than my 50s, and I wouldn’t wish my teens and 20s on my enemies. — Lionel Blue
- Your birthday is the beginning of your own personal new year. Your first birthday was a beginning, and each new birthday is a chance to begin again, to start over, to take a new grip on life. — Wilfred Peterson
- Middle age is when you still believe you’ll feel better in the morning. — Bob Hope
- You know you’re getting old when you get that one candle on the cake. It’s like, ‘See if you can blow this out.’ — Jerry Seinfeld
- You were born an original. Don’t die a copy. — John Mason
- You take away all the other luxuries in life, and if you can make someone smile and laugh, you have given the most special gift: happiness. – Brad Garrett
- Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened. — Cora Harvey Armstrong
Perfect Happy Birthday Quote For Friends
If you are unable to find birthday quotes to greet happy birthday to special friends then these happy birthday wishes sms and birthday captions to post on social media like Facebook, Instagram or send happy birthday messages through WhatsApp.
- When someone asks if you’d like cake or pie, why not say you want cake and pie? — Lisa Loeb
- Middle age is when your classmates are so gray and wrinkled and bald they don’t recognize you. — Bennett Cerf
- Today you have added another candle of knowledge and wisdom to your life. May it give you the power to enlighten the whole world. On your birthday, I wish you joy and happiness. – Debasish Mridha
- The first hundred years are the hardest. — Wilson Mizner
- You don’t get older, you get better. — Shirley Bassey
- Every year on my birthday, I start a new playlist titled after my current age so I can keep track of my favorite songs of the year as a sort of musical diary because I am a teenage girl. — Chris Hardwick
- Nice to be here? At my age, it’s nice to be anywhere. – George Burns
- And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. — Abraham Lincoln
- I like the birthday cake. It’s so symbolic. It’s a tempting symbol to load with something more complicated than just ‘Happy birthday!’ because it’s this emblem of childhood and a happy day. — Aimee Bender
- My policy on cake is pro having it and pro-eating it. – Boris Johnson
- Life is too short to be small. — Benjamin Disraeli
- When the candles on your cake burn down before they are all lit you know you are getting up there. – Catherine Pulsifer
- To me, a birthday means celebrating the presence of an individual in our lives. – Meena Bajaj
- We are always the same age inside. – Gertrude Stein
- Every birthday is a gift. Every day is a gift. — Aretha Franklin
- We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. — George Bernard Shaw
- Like many women my age, I am 28 years old. — Mary Schmich
- A child whose birthday is coming up is so excited, they count down the days. But as we get older we seem to lose the excitement. We need to rethink and be happy we have reached another birthday. — Theodore W. Higginsworth
- Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wings of time. – Jean Paul Richter
- We grow neither better nor worse as we get old, but more like ourselves. — Bernard Baruch
- I was brought up to respect my elders, so now I don’t have to respect anybody. — George Burns
- When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.” — Cherokee proverb
- Most of us can remember a time when a birthday – especially if it was one’s own – brightened the world as if a second sun has risen.” — Robert Staughton Lynd
- Celebrate your journey of life. — Lailah Gifty Akita
Sweet, Sentimental Quotes About Birthdays
Share these sweet and sentimental quotes about birthdays from famous celebrities to wish your friends and family.
- A birthday is just another day where you go to work and people give you love. Age is just a state of mind, and you are as old as you think you are. You have to count your blessings and be happy. — Abhishek Bachchan
- The only thing better than singing is more singing. — Ella Fitzgerald
- Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you! — Dr. Seuss
- Old age deprives the intelligent man only of qualities useless to wisdom. – Joseph Joubert
- No wise man ever wished to be younger. — Jonathan Swift
- May you receive many gifts, and may your day be joyous, and best of all may you be surrounded by family and friends. May all you wish for come true. — Theodore W. Higginsworth
- Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs. — John Glenn
- Don’t regret another birthday, the good news is that you are alive and can celebrate it. – Catherine Pulsifer
- Youth has no age. — Pablo Picasso
- You were born and with you endless possibilities, very few ever to be realized. It’s okay. Life was never about what you could do, but what you would do. — Richelle E. Goodrich
- The great thing about getting older is that you don’t lose all the other ages you’ve been. — Madeleine L’Engle
- The reason I met my husband was that I remembered a friend’s birthday. The moral of the story is: Remember people’s birthdays. — Julianna Margulies
- Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life. – Kitty Collins
- Today you are another year older, and we know how fast time flys as we get older, therefore, live each day and be happy! – Kate Summers
- There are three hundred and sixty-four days when you might get un-birthday presents, and only one for birthday presents, you know. — Lewis Carroll
- Let us never know what old age is. Let us know the happiness time brings, not count the years. — Ausonius
- In other words, live vicariously, beautifully, and excitingly, discover, love, dare and act as there is nothing to lose. — Andy Hertz
- You are only young once, but you can be immature for a lifetime. – Germaine Greer
- Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be. — Robert Browning
- For me, the end of childhood came when the number of candles on my birthday cake no longer reflected my age, around 19 or 20. From then on, each candle came to represent an entire decade. — Yotam Ottolenghi
- For the youth, the indignation of most things will just surge as each birthday passes. — Chris Evans
- Let your joy be in your journey, not in some distant goal. – Tim Cook
- If I could save time in a bottle, the first thing that I’d like to do is to save every day. —Jim Croce
- Live long and prosper. — Mr. Spock
Birthday Message For Nice Birthday Greetings
If you looking for nice and simple birthday quotes for writing to your young siblings as well as the elder siblings. Then these are the best quotes for you to use and wish your near and dear one happy birthday to you.
- Handmade presents are scary because they reveal that you have too much free time. — Douglas Coupland
- Let us respect gray hairs, especially our own. — J. P. Sears
- Birthdays are inevitable, beautiful, and very particular moments in our lives! Moments that bring precious memories back, celebrate the present times, and give hope for the future. — Bsbr Arish
- Another year comes to a close, and another begins. May the coming year be one that will be filled with the laughter of friends, love of family, and the life that you dream of. — Catherine Pulsifer
- I think all this talk about age is foolish. Every time I’m one year older, everyone else is too. — Gloria Swanson
- Birthdays come but once a year, celebrate and be of good cheer. — Robert Rivers
- I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn’t have one. So I got a cake. — Mitch Hedberg
- Age is a high price to pay for maturity. — Tom Stoppard
- To know how to grow old is the masterwork of wisdom, and one of the most difficult chapters in the great art of living. — Henri Frederic Amiel
- The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate. — Oprah Winfrey
- At 19, everything is possible and tomorrow looks friendly. — Jim Bishop
- Nature gives you the face you have at 20, but it’s up to you to merit the face you have at 50. — Coco Chanel
- Every ten years of a man’s life has its own fortunes, its own hopes, its own desires. — Goethe
- I intend to live forever. So far, so good. — Steven Wright
- Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words. — Plautus
- You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. – Les Brown
- Romance novels are birthday cake and life is often peanut butter and jelly. I think everyone should have lots of delicious romance novels lying around for those times when the peanut butter of life gets stuck to the roof of your mouth. – Janet Evanovich
- A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman’s birthday but never remembers her age. — Robert Frost
- At twenty years of age, the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgement. — Benjamin Franklin
- From our birthday, until we die, is but the winking of an eye. — William Butler Yeats
- Growing old is like being increasingly penalized for a crime you have not committed. – Anthony Powell
- Keep true to the dream of thy youth. – Friedrich Von Schiller
- I believe that no matter what condition you are in when someone close to your heart remembers your birthday and wishes you a happy birthday, you feel happy. – A. Singla
- Why party like it is 1999 when you can party like it is your birthday? — Prince
WhatsApp Status Birthday Wishes Messages
This birthday wishes messages are ideal to use for WhatsApp status, Insta status, and Facebook status as well. Also, you can even modify these birthday messages as you want to make them personalized birthday greetings.
- Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest. — Larry Lorenzoni
- Success is like reaching an important birthday and finding you’re exactly the same. — Audrey Hepburn
- I was forced to live far beyond my years when just a child, now I have reversed the order and I intend to remain young indefinitely. — Mary Pickford
- Men are like wine: some turn to vinegar, but the best improve with age. — Pope John XXIII
- We should celebrate every year that we made it through and every year that we’re happier and healthier. — Ellen DeGeneres
- Live not one’s life as though one had a thousand years, but live each day as the last. – Marcus Aurelius
- At twenty-one, so many things appear solid, permanent, untenable. — Orson Welles
- All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much. — George Harrison
- Our wrinkles are our medals of the passage of life. They are what we have been through and who we want to be. — Lauren Hutton
- Cakes are special. Every birthday, every celebration ends with something sweet, a cake, and people remember. It’s all about the memories. — Buddy Valastro
- Very early, I knew that the only object in life was to grow. — Margaret Fuller
- Youth is the gift of nature, but age is the work of art. — Garson
- May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live. – Irish blessing
- They say it’s your birthday. We’re gonna have a good time. I’m glad it’s your birthday. Happy birthday to you. – The Beatles
- The best way to remember your wife’s birthday is to forget it once. — H. V. Prochnow
- When a man has a birthday, he takes a day off. When a woman has a birthday, she takes at least three years off. – Joan Rivers
- All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and entrances, and one man in his time plays many parts. – William Shakespeare
- You’ve heard of the three ages of man—youth, age, and “you are looking wonderful. — Francis Cardinal Spellman
- A friend never defends a husband who gets his wife an electric skillet for her birthday. – Erma Bombeck
- There is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval. – George Santayana
- I don’t pay attention to the number of birthdays. It’s weird when I say I’m 53. It just is crazy that I’m 53. I think I’m very immature. I feel like a kid. That’s why my back goes out all the time because I completely forget I can’t do certain things anymore–like doing the plank for 10 minutes. – Ellen DeGeneres
- Life seems to fade our memory, so on this birthday, I will forget yours if you forget mine! – Kate Summers
- And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make. — The Beatles
- I wish people would stop talking about my birthday. – George Bernard Shaw
- Every year on your birthday, you get a chance to start new. — Sammy Hagar
Best Birthday Quotes For Family & Friends
Happy Birthday Quote – The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.
The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.
- A Birthday is a new beginning –
- A birthday is the first day of another lovely year,
- A year of new tomorrows that is shining, bright and clear,
- A year of possibilities as endless as the sky, and a chance to meet the challenges in everything you try.
- We should celebrate every year that we made it through and every year that we’re happier and healthier.
- Our hope this year, for you my dear, is a year of happiness and joy. May the coming year bring all you dream of and more!
- Don’t just count your years, make your years count.
- Life isn’t about your age. Life is about living. So when your birthday comes be thankful for the year that has just past and anticipate with a happy heart what the coming year will bring.
- I believe that no matter what condition you are in when someone close to your heart remembers your birthday and wishes you a happy birthday, you feel happy.
- Wisdom doesn’t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.
- I am long on ideas, but short on time. I expect to live to be only about a hundred.
- Today is the oldest you have been, and the youngest you will ever be. Make the most of it!
- The great thing about getting older is that you don’t lose all the other ages you’ve been.
- Birthdays, birthdays, birthdays – – everybody’s got one.
Most kids wish they had more.
Older people wish they had fewer and find them a bore.
- May it give you the power to enlighten the whole world. On your birthday, I wish you joy and happiness.
Motivational Happy Birthday Message
Share these motivational birthday messages to motivate younger brother or younger sister because it’s important for elders to motivate your little sister and brother especially on their birthdays.
- Your birthday is my pleasure. You are my sweetest treasure.
- I enjoy celebrating birthdays. Everyone should have their birthday celebrated.
- Because time itself is like a spiral, something special happens on your birthday each year: The same energy that God invested in you at birth is present once again.
- There are two attitudes you can have when it comes to your birthday:
- be thankful you have lived another year. or,
- complain about being a year older.
- Live every day like your birthday and drive your life with all varieties of appreciation. A life live with thanksgiving every day is never tired of being lived again and again!
- How you celebrate your partner’s birthday will tell them a lot about what they mean to you, and how important the relationship is to you.
- We have to be able to grow up. Our wrinkles are our medals of the passage of life. They are what we have been through and who we want to be.
- Just remember, once you’re over the hill, you begin to pick up speed.
- May your years be counted not by your age but by how you spend your days.
- You are a very special person to us and on this day you were born we are reminded of the unique and wonderful person that you are. Believe in yourself, be all that you were born to be!
- An angel you have been to me. Today, on this special day I want you to know how much you are loved and appreciated every day of the year.
- To me, fair friend, you never can be old, for as you were when first your eye I eye’d, such seems your beauty still.
- A birthday is a day that brings
Much celebration and so we sing,
A very Happy Birthday to You
Our life would not be complete without You.
- Indeed, birthdays are special days that mark the growth and accomplishment we have made in the year past, and for more to come in the upcoming year.
- A birthday is the anniversary of your birth. It’s the time most of us reflect over the past year and what we hope for in the coming year.
- Today, be aware of how you are spending your 1,440 beautiful moments and spend them wisely.
- A milestone birthday usually means taking the time to consider your life, your goals, and what you have accomplished or not accomplished in your life up to this point.
- God created you in a unique special kind of way. . . so that is why I believe that you are a very special person!
Best Birthday Quotes For Greeting Cards
If you are looking quotes to good birthday greetings then these messages can help you writing nice greetings on birthday card.
- Happiness may come from some achievement, whether big or small, a sense of self-empowerment at work or in a social setting or a pleasant gesture like a birthday surprise from family and friends.
- May the love of family surround, the enthusiasm of friends be with you, and the joy of another year to look forward be foremost in your thoughts on this day of your birthday.
- Youth is happy because it has the ability to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.
- Select a personal quote to put on birthday and holiday cards to your family and friends. Share the positivity and inspiration.
- For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
- Old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read.
- Don’t worry about another birthday, let the best of life has to offer, be your focus! After all none of us knows what tomorrow will bring, live for today, recognize and appreciate the years you have had.
- Birthdays are among the most awaited day for children since it evokes fun and games that they can enjoy with their family and friends.
- Each year as our birthday comes, our thoughts and beliefs may change a bit from year to year. But believe our wish for you is always the same, may you find happiness and blessings all of your days!
- Fly free and happy beyond birthdays and across forever, and we’ll meet now and then when we wish, in the midst of the one celebration that never can end.
- We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- You bring happiness into my life. And on this birthday my wish and hope is that you are happy today.
- I love everything that’s old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines.
- The years are ticking away, so let this birthday be the day that you set your goals to accomplish the things you are currently only dreaming about for your life!
- Never wish your birthday away,
be thankful you are alive today!
- If every year is a marble, how many marbles do you have left? How many sunrises, how many opportunities to rise to the full stature of your being?
- Birthdays mean going through another year of one’s life. It means growing another year older. For me, human birth is the purpose of God’s realization. A birthday simply means another year to complete that goal that we were sent to achieve.
- Middle age is when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy.
So, these are the best birthday quotes and messages to wish your family and friends on their birthdays. I hope you were able to find suitable birthday wish that suits for you.